Oakwood DUI Lawyer
A DUI charge can cause a great deal of stress and uncertainty. You may face jail time, fines, probation, and community service if you are convicted. It is essential, therefore, that you contact an experienced Oakwood DUI attorney to help you with your case. The Law Offices of Richard S. Lawson will provide you with the guidance you need to resolve your case.
It is critical that you have a solid understanding of the potential consequences of a conviction. Deciding to go through the DUI process without an experienced lawyer may increase your chances of a harsh punishment. These consequences can impact your personal and professional life dramatically. If your DUI charge was a serious offense, such as drug possession or others were injured during the incident, it is even more critical that you have a skilled Oakwood DUI attorney by your side. Make sure you get the best possible outcome in your case.
Consequences of a DUI Arrest in Oakwood
Individuals who have been arrested for DUI face serious legal consequences as well as the high cost of a DUI. The most expensive fees are not the cost of a Oakwood Georgia DUI Lawyer or fighting your case in court. Most people are unaware that the largest expenses come from increased fines and fees from a DUI conviction or pleading guilty to DUI charges. Knowing how to fight the charges against you can keep you from paying more DUI costs.
Georgia's DUI laws have become increasingly severe with each passing year. Even a first-time offender can face a minimum fine of $1000, a driver's license suspension, and more. For second offenders who are required to have an Ignition Interlock Device installed in their vehicle, it can cost upwards of $2000 with installation charges and monthly fees.
By the time in person makes bail and pays fines and fees, a DUI can cost up to $10,000, and that is if there was no accident or no one was injured. Here are some costs that are sometimes forgotten when deciding to plead guilty to “just get it over with”:
- Insurance premiums can increase. You can expect your auto insurance to go up, but many people do not know that life insurance premiums can also rise, especially if the company asks insurers if their driver's license has ever been suspended.
- Lost time at work means a loss of pay. If you have been arrested for DUI, you could miss work due to court dates, community service, or time in jail. That does not even include a loss of your free time.
- Losing your driver's license could mean losing your job. Many people drive to and from work, school, and other obligations. Furthermore, this can be devastating if driving is an essential element of your job.
- A DUI can affect your professional license. No one wants a DUI offender flying a plane or taking care of their loved ones in the emergency room. If you are a physician, airline pilot, nurse, or lawyer, a DUI conviction could cause you to lose your license status.
- A DUI does not look good on a job application or resume. A DUI conviction will be on your record, and employers can see it if they do a background check, harming any future job prospects.
With the help of our DUI Attorneys in Oakwood we can reduce or mitigate these consequences. We have been practicing in Hall County for decades and understand how to achieve your desired result.
WHY HIRE AN OAKWOOD DUI DEFENSE ATTORNEY?
The legal team at our firm has over 25 years of experience defending DUI charges exclusively. There is no case too complex for us, and we will begin working diligently from the moment that you contact us. If you are serious about your defense, calling us should be your first step. We will review your case and provide you with the guidance that you need to resolve your case. A knowledgeable Oakwood DUI attorney can help you build a strong DUI defense. Our legal team is familiar with a variety of DUI charges and can help with the associated issues, such as:
- DUI Process
- ALS Hearings
- Refusals / Alleged Refusals
- Plea Bargain vs. Trial
- Prior DUI Convictions
- GA DUI By Out Of State Driver
- Field Sobriety Tests
- Roadside Checkpoints
- Blood & Breath Tests
- Drugs & DUI
- Marijuana Cases
- Suspended License
- DUI Under 21
- Violation of Probation
- Minor in Possession of Alcohol
- Vehicular Homicide
- Child Endangerment
- Accidents and Serious Injury by Vehicle
- Do I Need a Lawyer?
If you are ever arrested for DUI, act quickly and contact a skilled Oakwood lawyer. It is essential that you are as proactive as possible in order to limit the potential damage to your personal and professional life. When you are arrested, you are read your rights; at this point we strongly suggest that you remain silent until you speak with legal counsel. When you are pulled over, you will be required to provide your name, address, driver's license, and other pertinent information.
You are not required to answer any other questions after you have provided this information. Law enforcement officials are trained to ask you questions that help build the prosecution's case and make you appear impaired, even if you are not under the influence. Statements made after your arrest can incriminate you further and complicate your case.
For the legal assistance that you deserve when you are facing criminal charges or DUI, do not hesitate to contact an Oakwood DUI lawyer as soon as possible.