Clayton GA DUI Lawyer
If you have been arrested for DUI in Clayton GA, you need to contact our offices immediately. There is no time to waste as your future is at risk. Even a first DUI conviction can come with a license suspension, jail time, and significant fines if you do not hire the right person to fight for you. Luckily our team of DUI Attorneys in Clayton GA have over 50 combined years of experience. They are ready to take your call and get you back to living life. Call now for a free case evaluation.
If you have been arrested for DUI in Clayton GA, or anywhere in Rabun County, you only have thirty days to save your license from suspension. Your Clayton DUI Lawyer must file an Administrative License Suspension (ALS) hearing request or an ignition interlock device request within thirty days of your arrest or your license will automatically be suspended. If you have been accused of refusing the state's chemical test of your breath, blood, or urine, your driver's license will be suspended for one year with no chance for a restricted permit. Since a license suspension can affect your livelihood, it is crucial to hire a Clayton DUI Attorney as soon as possible to handle your ALS hearing.
Consequences of a DUI Conviction in Clayton GA
Anyone who has been arrested for DUI faces serious legal consequences as well as the high cost at a DUI. Contrary to popular belief, the most expensive fees are not the cost of a Clayton GA DUI Lawyer or fighting your case in court. Instead, the largest expenses come from increased fines and fees from a DUI conviction or pleading guilty to DUI charges. Knowing how to fight the charges against you can keep you from paying more DUI costs.
Georgia DUI laws have always been strict but now have enhanced penalties as Georgia lawmakers have been passing new laws. Even a first-time offender can face a minimum fine of $1,000, a driver's license suspension, and more. For second offenders who are required to have an Ignition Interlock Device installed in their vehicle, that can cost upwards of $2,000 with installation charges and monthly fees.
By the time in person makes bail and pays fines and fees, a DUI can cost up to $10,000, and that is if there was no accident or no one was injured. In addition, there are other costs that people may not know about. These include:
- Insurance premium increase. You can expect your auto insurance to go up, but many people do not know that life insurance premiums can also rise, especially if the company asks insurers if their driver's license has ever been suspended.
- Loss of pay. If you have been arrested for DUI, you could miss work due to court dates, community service, or time in jail. That does not even include a loss of your free time.
- Loss of job. Lots of people drive to and from work, school, and other obligations; not to mention if driving is part of your job.
- Affects on professional license. No one wants a DUI offender flying a plane or taking care of their loved ones in the emergency room. If you are a physician, airline pilot, nurse, or lawyer, a DUI conviction could cause you lose your license status.
- Negative Stigma Association with DUI. A DUI conviction will be on your record and employers can see it if they do a background check, harming any future job prospects.
Some people just want to get their DUI case over it, and decide to plead guilty. They do not understand that they are subject to all the above penalties and more. With so much at stake, we urge you to fight your case by hiring our DUI Attorney in Clayton GA.
Contact Us Today
We know you understand a little bit more while it is crucial that you contact a Clayton GA DUI Lawyer as soon as possible after arrest. Even though DUI's are generally charged as misdemeanors, the penalties extend far beyond jail time and prison. Our goal is to protect your rights, freedom, and future. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.