How to Avoid a DUI Conviction?
The penalties for a DUI conviction are severe and there is no doubt that people want to avoid them at all costs. Even a first DUI conviction can have long-lasting effects. If you or a loved one have been charged with DUI, contact our Hall County DUI Lawyers today. We will work with you to mitigate the penalties you face and the overall impact of a DUI charge. Contact us today.
- Our first tip for avoiding a DUI conviction is to never drink and drive. The increase in availability of Ubers, Lyfts and other transportation make it easy to get a ride if you have had one too many. Even if you think you are okay, we recommend playing it safe and not driving.
- Hire an experienced Georgia DUI Attorney as soon as possible. Contacting a DUI Lawyer in Gainesville quickly can ensure that they have time to gather all the details of the case and prepare a strong defense for your case. Waiting to hire a lawyer can result in you waiving some rights that could have made all the difference in your case. However, even if you court date is next week, contact us to see what your options are.
Intensive Review of the Evidence. After you have hired an experienced Hall County DUI Lawyer, they will conduct an in-depth investigation into the facts of your case. They will ensure your rights were protected before, during, and after the arrest. If not, they will seek to have any evidence obtained thrown out. Some of the other things they will look into include:
- Ensuring the initial stop was conducted lawfully
- Checking to see if the blood or alcohol tests were performed legally
- Investigating the field sobriety tests
- Looking into the officer's history with DUI cases
- Making sure the implied consent notice was read correctly
These are just some of the things your lawyer will look into to help you avoid being convicted of DUI in Georgia. If they can't get the case dropped entirely, getting the DUI charge reduced to a reckless driving charge can be a huge win because then a DUI conviction won't go on your record. However, our lawyers will work to achieve the result that is best for you! Contact us now for a free case evaluation.
- Negotiate with the prosecutors or take the case to trial. Our Hall County DUI Lawyers are skilled in negotiating with the prosecutors to achieve great results but if they can't get what is best for you, they are proficient in winning cases at trial. Don't just plead guilty and accept the consequences. With over 50 combined years of experience, we can achieve success either way.
Contact Us Today
These are just a few ways that our knowledgeable Hall County DUI Attorneys can help you avoid a DUI conviction. Again, what defenses are applicable to your case will depend on what happened. If you or a loved one has been arrested and charged with driving under the influence in Hall County, please do not hesitate to contact our Hall County DUI Lawyers. today.