Municipal Courts

Posted by Richard Lawson | Aug 25, 2010 | 0 Comments

When you are arrested for DUI in Hall County Georgia, your case may start out in municipal court, sometimes referred to as city court.  For example, if you are in the city limits of Flowery Branch, your case will start our in the Flowery Branch Municipal Court.  If you are arrested in the city limits of Oakwood, your case will begin in the Oakwood Municipal Court.  If you are arrested in the city limits of Gainesville, Georgia, your case will begin in Gainesville Municipal Court

In city court, you can enter a plea of not guilty and enter a plea bargain.  You can also have bench trial, which is a trial by judge.  You cannot have a jury trial.  If you want a jury trial, your case will be bound over to the State Court of Hall County

It is important to check your paperwork to make sure you are in the correct court.  People go to the wrong court everyday.  If you fail to attend court, a warrant can issue for your arrest and your license can be suspended.  So, make sure you are going to the correct location.

About the Author

Richard Lawson

Richard S. Lawson is passionate about intoxicated driving defense. Unlike some attorneys, Mr. Lawson devotes 100% of his legal practice to helping people stand up for their rights against DUI charges. For more than 20 years, Mr. Lawson has dutifully fought for his clients' freedom, resolving more 4,900 impaired driving cases during the course of his career. Today, Mr. Lawson has developed a reputation as a skilled negotiator and continues to help clients by fighting to keep them out of jail.


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment